Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Southern Preacher's Cake

PREACHER'S CAKE 
This recipe was given to me by someone in Central Illinois. It could be made in a hurry when the housewife learned at the last minute that the preacher was coming to visit.
2 c. sugar
2 c. unsifted flour
2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs
1/2 c. chopped nuts
1 (20 oz.) can crushed pineapple with juice
Mix all together in a 12" Dutch oven. Bake at 350°F oven for 30-45 minutes, With 9 charcoals under oven, and 15 on lid. Frost if desired.
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING FOR PREACHER'S CAKE:
1 (8 oz.) pkg.°F cream cheese
1/2 stick butter
1 3/4 c. confectioners' sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
1/4 tsp. salt
Mix together cream cheese and butter. Beat in sugar, salt and vanilla.This is an extremely moist and very delicious cake. Enjoy!

 
I have removed a recipe I received on face book by the person that requested I do so. I replaced it with this one. I hope you like it. The other was very good. To bad she did not what to share it with the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment